Upgrade for Verizon Net Conference Services on the Cisco WebEx Platform
Through our collaboration with Cisco, Verizon Conferencing Support will be restoring the File Transfer feature which was recently disabled and implementing enhanced features with our Net Conferencing service portfolio and conferencing tools in October 2014.
As a Net Conferencing customer on the Cisco WebEx platform, you will soon see changes to your site. The current upgrade schedule is organized alphabetically, based upon your WebEx site url.
- October 24th - Site urls beginning with Numbers and site urls beginning with A - Z
- October 31st - Shared sites for Instant and Advanced Net Conference (mman, van, mymeetings, mymeetingsft, mymeetingsssl, mmancusa, mminsusa,)
The enhancements to the Centers are summarized below and will depend on the type of net conferencing services to which you currently subscribe:
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft® Office Communications Server status does not update to reflect that a User has left the meeting
- Fixed a Productivity Tools issue which caused Microsoft Outlook® to freeze when meeting was scheduled
- Fixed an issue with scheduling Personal Conferencing (PCN) meetings on behalf of other users in Outlook 2007
- Fix security vulnerability with File Transfer functionality and restore File Transfer feature
- Meeting support for the future Google Chrome V.38 version that does not allow plug-ins.
- Productivity Tools support for Outlook 2013 SP1
- Compliance with upcoming WebEx security changes on December 5th for locked down customers. See attached Cisco WebEx Advisory.
Note: To prepare for this Cisco December 5th security update please refer to this section of the WebEx Connect Org Admin to select automatic upgrades for your Connect/Messenger site: http://www.webex.com/webexconnect/orgadmin/help/cs_upgrade_management.htm
- Compliance with longer conference ids in future
- Productivity Tools renames an environment variable in PATH after installation
- Enable "Copy Meeting URL" in Quick Start page for attendees
- Change in logo icon size
- A new join method will use a Chrome extension starting with Chrome 38 on December 5th. See attached Cisco WebEx Advisory.
- Several Bug Fixes, such as
- NBR sound cannot be played clearly sometimes
- Linux host cannot switch presenter role under pre-conditions
- Fixed the Microsoft Office 2007 Security Patch bug that disabled UCF conversion for Microsoft PowerPoint®
NOTE: All development items noted above may be modified or removed from the launch without notice.
You may obtain the latest version of the WebEx software (T28.12.20) including the WebEx Client, Productivity Tools, and related plug-ins at the following location:
https://e-meetings.verizonbusiness.com/emeet/join/src/plugins_em.php?langKey=en or by contacting the Net Tech Help Desk at email@example.com.